As you know, the West Philly Tool Library is an invaluable resource to so many Philadelphians. The Tool Library helps members make repairs to their homes and gardens, helps organizations with large projects, and helps public school groups build playgrounds and outdoor classrooms, all while remaining financially affordable for all.
This year, the Tool Library has been in high demand. Between January and November, the Tool Library has:
- Welcomed 285 members, which already exceeds the total number of members welcomed in 2014;
- Made 8,358 new tool loans, which again already exceeds our 2014 total;
- Had a record-breaking month (August!), in which we made exactly 200 more tool loans than in our previous record-breaking month;
- Hired a new executive director, Charlotte Castle, who has been involved in Southwest Philadelphia community projects for a number of years;
- Been photographed by West Philly photographer, JJ Tiziou;
- Been featured in Popular Mechanics (read more here!);
- Hosted two tool sales with large turnouts; and has
- Added six new weedwackers to our inventory, along with over a dozen other new power tools.
In order to ensure the continued growth of our mission, this holiday season—between now and New Year’s Eve—the Tool Library will be launching an individual giving drive. For each donation given—no matter the amount given—donors’ names will be entered to win a lifetime membership*.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation right here on our website, or with check or cash by visiting the Tool Library during business hours. For each donation given, we will add your name to the drawing for a free lifetime membership. The lucky lifetime membership winner will be selected during the first week of January.
*Although no donation is necessary to enter the raffle, we really hope you will support the West Philly Tool Library’s mission by making a donation that is meaningful to you.