We are excited to partner with the PHILO Project in creating a new promotional video for the Tool Library! PHILO, through the support of it’s generous contributors, provides top-quality videos to qualifying small non-profits free of charge. Thank you! Check out other stuff the PHILO Project has done at philoproject.org.
If you come to the Tool Library tomorrow between 10 and 2, be ready to be on camera . You might even get interviewed! (if you want).
Check the article out here: http://www.philly.com/philly/classifieds/real_estate/20140831_Tool_Library_sets__10_000_fund-raising_goal.html
If you’ve already given to our campaign to build our capacity, Thank you! We’re almost there, and you’re a big part of that. Please spread the word to your friends, family, and neighbors.
If you’ve thought about giving to the campaign, but haven’t yet, there’s still time. Most campaign supporters have given between $25 and $100, but a donation of any amount makes a difference for the Tool Library. We’re close to the goal, with just a few days remaining. We’re confident we can get all the way there – with your help.
Monika Antonelli, a librarian and associate professor at Minnesota State University is researching tool lending libraries and would like you to participate in her ground breaking study. Pretty cool, right?! The West Philly Tool Library is stoked to be part of the research.
The short survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete. All data collected will be kept confidential and you have the right to discontinue participation in the survey at any time. To access the study online go to https://mnsu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZrWs8B0hwInTcF.
With the help of nearly 70 donors and publicity from West Philly Local , our Indiegogo campaign has reached 38% of its goal! With 38% raised, that leaves another 62% to go!
This funding can mean big things for capacity and access for you and the Philadelphia community IF and ONLY IF we meet this goal in the 2 remaining weeks.
And let’s not forget the perks of being a donor. Anything from high-fives to t-shirts to a tool-themed tattoo, we got it for you! Take a look at the campaign to learn more and and contribute now to become one of our growing number of donors!
Since we opened in 2007, we have loaned over 30,000 tools to our members, including 1,200 last month. We need your help to ensure that we can keep growing to meet this demand. Contribute to our Indiegogo campaign today (and get some cool WPTL swag along the way)! Visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/west-philly-tool-library/
Some friends of Gold Star Park, in conjunction with the Water Department, removed about 455 square feet of pavement and replaced it with top soil.
Check out the full photo set at https://www.flickr.com/photos/philadelphiawater/sets/72157644244714689
And for all of you who played our Name That Tool Game, here are your answers. We had a:
Big old rusty Pipe Wrench
Basin Wrench (use it to for those hard to reach water line nuts under your sink)
Suction Cup used for picking up sheets of glass or metal
And, the one that stumped almost everyone, a Watch Case Back Remover
What better way to spend your Saturday than among neighbors in the park! The Tool Library will be hanging out at the Spruce Hill May Fair at Clark Park from 10-4 tomorrow.
Even better, Saturday is the first day of Love Your Park Week!
Stop by, say hello, and play “Name That Tool!”
We announced back in March that we would soon be implementing a new policy that bars members from carrying a late fee “tab.”
That day is here.
Starting today, our computer database will not allow members to borrow new tools if they owe more than $5 in late fees (just like at the Phila Free Library.) We know this might be a pain, but like a lot of non-profit orgs, our budget is a little tight these days. (Remember: membership & late fees still account for less than 50% of our budget.)