If you’ve been in the library recently you’ve probably noticed that we have a bunch of new tools. Thanks State Farm! And thank you members for helping us to secure the funding! Our tool buying has just about wrapped up, so I figured I’d recap some of the more exciting new tools.
- Air compressors – we now have three! As well as brad nailers, staplers, and a framing nailer to go along with them.
- Speaking of brad nailers, we bought two different types of electric brad nailers. If they work well, they’ll be a light, portable alternative to a pneumatic nailer and compressor. We’d love feedback if you try them out!
- Right angle drill – an often requested specialty tool. If you need to drill holes in joists so that you can run electric cable, this is your monster.
- Sanders – one of our most popular categories, they’ve historically been hard to keep in stock. We picked up three really nice Bosch random orbit sanders with dust collector / vacuum attachment, a couple of small handheld electric sanders, and three Makita belt sanders.
- Pullerbear – a cool tool for pulling things like small weed trees out of the ground effortlessly. You should check out the custom “WPTL” welded on it.
- Table saws – We bought two Bosch table saws. They’ve got a nice, rigid fence that won’t flex like a lot of portable saws. They also store really nicely, which is key in the library. The fence, guard, miter, and anti-kick device all store inside, and then the saw stands vertically. We also picked up one folding stand that fits these saws.
Lots more tools to cover. I’ll go over some more highlights in a future post. In the meantime, be sure to stop in and check them out in person.