1) Consider joining the national tool library email listserv where 20-30 tool libraries from across the US discuss tool library stuff. You can find out more information about joining at this link: https://groups.google.com/group/toollibrary
2) There’s a really good on-line start-up kit for new tool libraries available here at this link:
3) In August 2013, Tool Librarians from four libraries across the county participated in a webinar sponsored by the Center for a New American Dream. You can watch that webinar by clicking on this link: http://www.newdream.org/resources/webinar-start-a-tool-library
4) The West Philly Tool Library uses software developed by the Southeast Portland Tool Library as our database. It’s awesome. It’s called Tool Librarian. You can find out more at http://www.toollibrarian.com/
5) In March 2013, the co-founders of Station North Tool Library in Baltimore, Maryland, wrote a very insightful posting about the choices they faced in starting their tool library and how they thought through them. It’s critical reading for anyone thinking of starting their own library. You can read it at this link: http://www.newdream.org/blog/starting-a-tool-library-inspiration-and-insights-from-station-north
6) Still have questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.